Yoga for a Change at Fort Canning Green
Time & Location
About the Event
Every Saturday, 8-9am, Fort Canning Green, maximum 20 students.
More info about Yoga for a Change: https://linktr.ee/yogaforachange
Please take note...
- This is a donation-based class, 100% of the proceeds go to the charity we support, until we reach our target, please make your donations here (suggested minimum donation of SGD 20): https://give.asia/yogaforsafeplace
- The class will take place at Fort Canning Green: the big space on the National Museum side, where the outdoor cinema and festivals usually take place. There’s a big flat area right in the middle, made of AstroTurf. That’s where we will be.
- If you come by taxi/Grab, a good landmark as reference point for drop off is the Gothic Gate on Google Maps, choose "Fort Canning (East) Car Park A" on Grab
- Check in with SafeEntry when entering the park and the class premises
- We will have a thermometer and will be taking your temperature when you arrive
- Please wear your mask until the class starts and put it back on when we end
- You will need to be 2m apart on your mats, in groups of 5 or 8 depending on rules in place, with 3m between groups
- Bring your own mat, small towel (you might get sweaty!), mosquito repellent and sunscreen
- Because of all of the above, please aim to arrive 10-15 min early if possible 🙂
- Class will be cancelled in case of rain, an email would be sent to you at least one hour prior to class (7am)
About the teachers:
Laura is a vinyasa & yin yoga teacher since 2017, a gong player since 2019, and currently completing a prenatal & postpartum yoga certification. She created the concept of Yoga for a Change for students to practice yoga, while contributing to worthy causes that enhance livelihoods in Singapore & Southeast Asia. You will leave her sessions feeling strong and relaxed.
"My yoga journey has taken me from an occasional yoga student trying to soothe stiff muscles to a deepening of my yoga practice with a yoga teacher training certificate in 2019. I enjoy teaching my vinyasa flow style practice to share the benefits of physical and mental awareness and integrity. I'm excited to be a part of Yoga for a Change and practicing yoga with you all for a good cause!"