Liberty SAFRA Swim for Hope 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Since its introduction in 2011 by SAFRA Tampines, Swim for Hope has expanded to all five swimming pools at SAFRA Clubs, and the event provides an opportunity for National Servicemen, families and friends to bond through sport and at the same time do their part for charity. A new parent-and-child category was introduced in 2016 to encourage more families and their children below the age of 13 to participate.
Having Liberty Insurance as Title Sponsor for the 2nd consecutive year, the signature charity swim event aims to engage 4,500 participants and raise $250,000 towards 3 beneficiaries; Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDAS), Singapore Swimming Association (SSA) and SAF Care Fund. Similar to last year, the event will be conducted virtually where participants can swim at their own time, pace and swimming pool of choice.
Dates / time of event / period of event
• Registration Period: 26 Oct 2021, 0000hrs - 5 Dec 2021, 2359hrs
• Swim Period: 30 Oct 2021, 0000hrs - 11 Dec 2021, 1200hrs
Venue of event (or virtual): Virtual event
Similar to last year, this year’s Liberty SAFRA Swim For Hope 2021 is a virtual swim marathon, which means participants can swim at any preferred location & time to their convenience, then simply clock in their swim distance to the portal afterwards.
Below are the steps for the registration:
1. Visit https://www.libertysafraswim4hope.com.sg to register for the event
2. Select the category that you would like to join in & complete the registration process
3. Upon payment completion, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you
4. Once swim period starts, you may start clocking the laps & upload your swim distance by logging in to the same link. Swim on!
• Swim Categories & Entitlements (more at https://www.libertysafraswim4hope.com.sg/details)
Open Individual – 1.0KM
(age 13 years and above) $20
Families For Life Parent-and-Child Category – 1.0KM
(1 parent + 1 child, 6-12 years old)
•Option to add 1 more pax $32
Open Individual – 10KM
(age 13 years and above) $30
Open Individual – 20KM *new category this year*
(age 13 years and above) $40
Open Individual – 55KM
(age 13 years and above) $55
All participants who have completed the swim distance of the category registered for will be entitled to a t-shirt, medal and goodie bag, which can be collected from late December onwards. More details on the collection date will be shared via SAFRA Tampines Facebook page & Instagram.
• SAFRA Members who signs up for the event will be entitled to a $10 Swim For Hope e-voucher which could be used in all SAFRA clubs selected F&B tenants (SAFRA Mount Faber, SAFRA Jurong, SAFRA Tampines, SAFRA Toa Payoh, SAFRA Yishun, SAFRA Punggol). This voucher will be valid & available on mSAFRA app from 6 Dec 2021 to 31 Jan 2022.
• Our Beneficiaries (more info at https://www.libertysafraswim4hope.com.sg/beneficiaries)
The registration fees, online donation, individual outright donations and corporate companies’ donations this year will go to Muscular Dystrophy Association Singapore (MDAS) under Community Chest, Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) Care Fund and Singapore Swimming Association (SSA). Aside from registering for the event, giving.sg links for donations to our beneficiaries are as follow:
o https://s.giving.sg/wzb7uiV - Muscular Dystrophy Association Singapore (Community Chest)
o https://s.giving.sg/aOle5nm - SAF Care Fund
o https://s.giving.sg/ZLsHuIY - Singapore Swimming Association
More information of the event can be found at our FAQ: https://www.libertysafraswim4hope.com.sg/faqs